- What were you doing before joining Makers Academy?
I was selling paint.
- What made you want to start learning to code in the first place?
I wanted to make cool things that people use daily and my brother is a programmer so that captured my interest too.
- How did you come across Makers Academy and what made you decide to apply?
I found it to be a steep learning curve and the emphasis on the self-led learning was difficult.
- What did you find difficult during the course?
I came across Makers Academy through Facebook and I met up with a graduate of Makers Academy who worked with my brother.
- What happened during/after graduation and where are you job-wise?
I recovered from a hangover and then I started to apply to jobs and got a job offer about a month a later.
- How has your life changed since graduation?
I can code and I'm starting a new job soon, which is exciting and I've doubled my salary!
- What advice would you give to people thinking of changing career?
- What would you say to people who say £8,000 is very expensive?
Considering expense is based on value I would say £8000 isn't expensive. It's a lot of money but it's not expensive when you consider potential earnings in 6 months or a year it's nothing
- What was your biggest worry before joining Makers Academy and how do you feel about it now?
I was worried if I would be able to get a job afterwards or not but now I got a job so it's all good.
- Sum up your Makers Academy experience
Coding and great friends.